Questions on using pr and cat...

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sat Jan 12 08:42:38 AEST 1991

rcte2p at menudo.uh.edu (Paul Stephen Sears) writes:

>I have some questions about pr and cat.  I want to combine a number of
>small text files into a single file.  [...] one page long.  I thought of
>using cat, but the files run together and I wanted a way to identify
>each new file.

You could try the following:

pr * | uniq

This will provide you with headers for each file, but uniq will filter out
superfluous line feeds at the end of each file...
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG - MNFHA, NCS - UMN Women's Lax, MWD
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need