makefile makers

Bob Bateman bobb at gold.gvg.tek.com
Tue Jan 22 09:55:29 AEST 1991

I'm looking for any form of makefile-generating scripts, C source, or
related information.  The best possible solution would be one that was
substantially compiler-independent, and sophisticated enough to work on a
project with many source files in many directories, with various libraries,
and several permutations of compilation options.

I'd appreciate any information the net can provide.

"Once you write and test the makefile, you can forget about the processing
details; make takes care of them..."

	-excerpt from Sun make User's Guide

--
*           Bob Bateman            Grass Valley Group
*      bobb at gold.gvg.tek.com         P.O. Box 1114