BAD TRAP

Jeff Nieusma nieusma at cs.colorado.edu
Fri Jan 25 07:32:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan23.002124.15503 at ssd.kodak.com>, dcox at ssd.kodak.com
(Don Cox) writes:
|> System: Sun4/260, SunOS4.0.3
|>
|> Our news server (coop) has re-booted twice in the last week because
|> of
|> a "BAD TRAP".  Below is a record of the /var/adm/messages file.  Any
|> ideas or suggestions as to what could be causing this would be
|> greatly
|> appreciated.  Thanks.
|>
|>  [ /var/adm/messages deleted ]
|>
|>                   Don Cox
|> Phone (716) 253-7121      KMX (716) 253-7998
|> INTERNET    dcox at ssd.kodak.com

you should set your machine up to do a savecore when it crashes.
after you get the core file,

cd /var/crash/`hostname`
adb -k vmunix.0 vmcore.0
$c
$q

The $c should show you a traceback complete with the names
of the routines that were being executed when the crash occurred.

It may help you determine what your problem is.

| Jeff Nieusma                         Logical:  nieusma at cs.colorado.edu      |
| System Administrator/Programmer      Audible:  (303) 492-0677               |
| Computer Science Department         Physical:  Campus Box 430               |
| University of Colorado                         Boulder, CO  80309-0430      |