Periodic execution of a program

Michael Rawdon rawdon at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Thu Jan 24 09:58:24 AEST 1991

I'm trying to get a program to run on a daily basis, at the same time each
day (more or less).  Being just a normal user, I don't have access to
crontab.  I was investigating a function called 'at', but it doesn't seem
to be quite what I want.

>From the man page, it appears that at will only execute something once,
not every day.  I infer this from the fact that the man page doesn't explain
how to turn at off!

I was wondering if it would be possible to execute at recursively, that is,
have the file that at executes call at again to execute the same file at
the same time the next day.  I'm not sure if this would be possible.

Of course, it may be that I just don't have a clue as to which system
utilities I should be using to accomplish my objective.  Any help anyone can
provide would be most welcome.

I'm on a Pyramid 9815 running BSD 4.3 UNIX.

Thanx!

--
Michael Rawdon						      Someone who posts
Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana		       too much for his

"And they said we were heroes, they said we were fine.
 We were kings in command, we had god on our side,
 And we said nothing will make use change in any way."   - Chris De Burgh