anyone made a 'vtree' program?

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Fri Jan 18 03:17:34 AEST 1991

datta at vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta) writes:

>Has anyone made a program or script for UNIX that does a "visual tree"
>similar to the MSDOS program 'vtree' and the MSDOS V4.X tree programs?

	If you're running a system which supports the classic directory
format (2 bytes inode, 14 bytes for file names), the 'dtree' (directory tree)
program is available. For BSD-type directories, I received a few days ago
'dirmap' (directory map) which shows directories only, but not files.
There is also 'vtree' which I've run for BSD-type directories, but it's a
little cruder than the other two (more like the DOS version) but I no longer
have the source.