Periodic execution of a program

Daniel J. Parmet udparmet at mcs.drexel.edu
Tue Jan 29 02:31:05 AEST 1991

In article <5830 at rex.cs.tulane.edu> rawdon at rex.cs.tulane.edu (Michael Rawdon) writes:

>I was wondering if it would be possible to execute at recursively, that is,
>have the file that at executes call at again to execute the same file at
>the same time the next day.  I'm not sure if this would be possible.

I haven't worked with crons in a while, but I believe that what you are trying
to do should work.  When the runstream goes off, your file gets taken out of
cron.  But you can simply have an at command in your run to put the file back
into cron.  I'd be interested in finding out what happens, since my shell
programming is a little rusty, and I may start up with it again soon.  Let me
know.  Thanks.

Dan Parmet (udparmet at queen.mcs.drexel.edu)

"Have you noticed that the longer you spend looking for something you lost, the
 stanger the places get that you're looking?"

                                   ----- George Carlin