386BSD UNIX

Ronald S Woan woan at excelsior
Wed Jan 9 06:54:21 AEST 1991

In article <180 at phi.UUCP>, marka at phi.UUCP (Mark Allen) writes:
Mark> Does anyone know how to get a copy of the 386BSD UNIX discussed
Mark> in the January issue of Dr. Dobb's?

I read over the article a few times, and they mention that you had to
meet UCB's requirements... Perchance is one of those requirements an
AT&T source license as required for all other BSD implementations.
Afterall, in the article the authors of 386BSD said that they started
with old BSD source for another platform... Actually the fact that the
authors once held an AT&T source license (I assume since they worked
on BSD before), I would naturally assume that 386BSD would still
require AT&T licensing as a derivative work...

+ Ronald S. Woan       woan at peyote.cactus.org or woan%austin at iinus1.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +