How to change pre-login banner???

Robert Claeson prc at erbe.se
Mon Jan 7 23:16:58 AEST 1991

In article <felps.663005504 at convex.convex.com> felps at convex.com (Robert Felps) writes:

>In <1085 at pi19.pnfi.forestry.ca> tmoore at pi19.pnfi.forestry.ca (Tom Moore) writes:

>>How do I change the banner that is printed by 'getty'
>>before a users logs in?  Currently, getty prints
>>the following:

>>SunOS UNIX (node)

>>login:

>Do a man on gettytab.

>$ man 5 gettytab

>You need to edit /etc/gettytab and change the im= field on the appropriate
>definition. The %h can be used to set the node.

Is there any way to change the login banner for telnet sessions, as
opposed to getty sessions? Come to think of it, is there any way to
make telnetd run getty instead of login?

Robert Claeson                  |Reasonable mailers: rclaeson at erbe.se
ERBE DATA AB                    |      Dumb mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se at sunet.se
Jakobsberg, Sweden              |  Perverse mailers: rclaeson%erbe.se at encore.com
Any opinions expressed herein definitely belongs to me and not to my employer.