FTP Binary Files with Stream ?

Made Corp madecorp at dsacng1.dsac.dla.mil
Tue Jan 15 00:33:06 AEST 1991

My organization "compresses" files using "zoo".  The compressed "zoo" files
are in binary form.  Attempts to transmit files without setting type to
binary (i.e. type binary) has resulted in the transmission of "corrupted"
zoo files.  This does not happen with every transmission.  I have observed
transmissions, and the quality of the transmission lines seems to have an
effect on the transmitted file.  Whenever I transmit binary files, I set
type to binary, and I have very few problems.