Questions on using pr and cat...

Narayan S. Raja raja at bombay.cps.msu.edu
Thu Jan 10 12:08:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan9.211742.16190 at menudo>, (Paul Stephen Sears) writes:

< I have some questions about pr and cat.  I want to combine a number of
< small text files into a single file.  Many of these files are less than
< one page long.  They are not also very nicely formatted.  I thought of
< using cat, but the files run together and I wanted a way to identify
< each new file.  So I considered using pr since it puts on headers and
< footers... Now, what I want to be able to do in pr is to KEEP the
< headers and to remove the footers since, only one file will be put on a

more * > tempfile

Narayan Sriranga Raja.