Question on signal blocking

Jochen Manns, PI der Uni Bonn, 732738/3611 MANNS%DBNPIB5.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Mon Jan 14 20:31:08 AEST 1991

Dear UNIX programmers,

        perhaps you can give me some hints on signals:
        a) if a signal handler (SIGCHLD) is invoked and the same signal
           comes again, is the handler called again after it returned?
        b) if another signal handler has SIGCHLD blocked and SIGCHLD
           arrived, will I catch the signal?
        it seems as if I have to answer both questions with NO, but
        what is the truth?

Thank you in advance

                        Jochen Manns
                        Physikalisches Institut der Universitaet Bonn
                        Nussallee 12
                        5300 Bonn 1
                        (Germany)