I'm learning UNIX and I have a simple question

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.brl.mil
Sun Jun 23 06:33:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun22.195705.3287 at leland.Stanford.EDU> dkeisen at leland.Stanford.EDU (Dave Eisen) writes:
>And besides, what does who have to do with formatting anyway?

Yes, that's a proper designer's perspective.  The user, though, is
normally just as happy to use the extra option as to use any other
solution.  Around here we find a lot of one-line shell scripts in
people's personal command directories, often supplied to them by
somebody else, none of which know how the command actually works.