Network backups

Dale B dale at interlan.Interlan.COM
Wed Jun 26 23:56:01 AEST 1991

In article <83 at nixeid.UUCP> qoffice at nixeid.UUCP (Qofiice Software) writes:
>Posting the following for a colleague.......
>

>To:	Anyone out there
>

>	I am currently looking for a TCP/IP based software package that
>	performs unattended, command line or batch mode file transfer.
>	It is to be UNIX based (SCO pref.), but can be used with MS-DOS
>	FTP. PC TCP/IP. Of course, thats the ideal, but I'd be willing to
>	know of anything that even remotely comes near this. The option of
>	stitching together an ftp based solution is too awful to
>	contemplate, so any answers would be greatly appreciated. Something
>	akin to Legato Networker (no plugs please) would be nice.
>
>	If no such product exists, then why not, and will it ever, and if
>	it does, then I'll take it.
>
>	Thanks in advance,
>
>					Gary Smyth,
>					Siemens Nixdorf Ireland

Sorry for having to post a reply, but I have yet to figure out how to email to
UUCP domains, tried everything I could think of and the message just kept
bouncing back, I don't even think it left the machine.

Anyway...
For software that's 'in the works' check with Workstation Solutions in Nashua,
New Hampshire (USA).  Sorry, I don't have their address but their phone number
is (603)880-0080.  A fellow by the name of Jim Ward heads the company.  Also,
could you drop me an email giving a quick sumary of what you find, after you
think you have everything in?  I'm interested in what's out there also.

Dale - dale at interlan.interlan.com