Welcome msg

Jan B. Andersen jba at gorm.ruc.dk
Wed Jun 19 05:23:24 AEST 1991

campbell at dev1a.mdcbbs.com writes:

>If you have any other sun, the only option I'm aware of is the "im" (initial
>message) banner.  There's a field in the /etc/gettytab file where you can
>specifiy the inital message which should be displayed before the login prompt.
>The default is NULL (no message to display).

It wasn't me asking in the first place, but thanks for the info.
But - in these times of networking a lot of people login using telnet and/or
rlogin. I don't know about rlogin, but appearently it won't work with telnetd.
Could one just create a small program that printed the message and exec'ed
to in.telnetd??

--
     / | /  RUC, Hus 19,1     jba at dat.ruc.dk      { o_o }    | SIMULA does it |