Kermitting compressed files to a PC

;;;;7202 ph111-bx at violet.berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 24 13:14:16 AEST 1991

I 've got a bunch of files in multiple directories on an old UNIX account I'd
like to kermit to my PC, but I don't want to do them one at a time and I don't
want to cat them into one big file (they're all text files).  Is there any way
these could be compressed together with something like the PC utility PKZIP,
kermitted over and then unzipped (uncompressed)?  In other words, is there a
PC version of the UNIX compress/uncompress that can handle files from both
platforms?  The files I want to transfer are on a Next cube.  Thanks.

Ed Krauss
ph111-bx at violet.berkeley.edu