UUCP - UUXQT question

Chris Lewis clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
Thu Jun 27 01:56:00 AEST 1991

In article <430 at dogear.spk.wa.us> root at dogear.spk.wa.us (Bob Kirkpatrick) writes:
>He just bought Coherent, which (I guess) is running HDB UUCP.

Does Coherent's version of UUCP have a "Permissions" file?  If so, it
sounds like a HDB, and the:

>The errormessage in his logs say No permission for Rnews.

implies that "rnews" hasn't been mentioned in the Permissions file.
(In HDB, you have to explicitly enable permission to remotely execute
commands.  Except for rmail (which is what e-mail uses) which is the
default.  If you put rnews in, you'll have to mention rmail as well.
Chris Lewis, Phone: (613) 832-0541, Domain: clewis at ferret.ocunix.on.ca
UUCP: ...!cunews!latour!ecicrl!clewis; Ferret Mailing List:
ferret-request at eci386; Psroff (not Adobe Transcript) enquiries:
psroff-request at eci386 or Canada 416-832-0541.  Psroff 3.0 in c.s.u soon!