Configuring/installing software on WREN 7 under ULTRIX .

Philip Yzarn de Louraille yzarn at lhdsy1.chevron.com
Fri Jun 7 01:18:35 AEST 1991

In article <27114 at adm.brl.mil> MACALLSTR at vax1.physics.oxford.ac.uk writes:
>From: John_Macallister <MACALLSTR at physics.oxford.ac.uk>
>
>I can use a WREN 7 under Ultrix 4.1 as either a system or user disk BUT
> cannot perform any installation/configuration procedure which checks the
> disk's id. I can install things on a real DEC disk and then copy to the WREN 7
> and this works fine but I don't always have a spare DEC disk. Does anyone
> know of a mod to the WREN 7 ( prom, etc ) which will give it a SCSI ID or else
> know of a driver/disktab entry/etc which will enable the WREN to be used for
> installation/configuration?

This is what we use in our /etc/disktab. We never had any problems using
WREN VII on installation/configuration. What do you mean by "... a mod
to the WREN 7 (prom, etc) which will give it a SCSI ID ..."???????

lhwrenVII|RZW7|Seagate 1.2 GB Winchester:\
	:ty=winchester:ns#80:nt#15:nc#1708:\
	:pa#32768:ba#8192:fa#1024:\
	:pb#256000:bb#8192:fb#1024:\
	:pc#2057589:bc#8192:fc#1024:\
	:pd#299008:bd#8192:fd#1024:\
	:pe#299008:be#8192:fe#1024:\
	:pf#596284:bf#8192:ff#1024:\
	:pg#700000:bg#8192:fg#1024:\
	:ph#1068822:bh#8192:fh#1024:

  Philip Yzarn de Louraille                 Internet: yzarn at chevron.com
  Research Support Division                 Unix & Open Systems
  Chevron Information & Technology Co.      Tel: (213) 694-9232
  P.O. Box 446, La Habra, CA 90633-0446     Fax: (213) 694-7709