TIOCNOTTY definition

der Mouse mouse at thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
Sun Jun 2 06:05:32 AEST 1991

In article <27046 at adm.brl.mil>, VENENGA at iscsvax.uni.edu writes:

> I am trying to convert some bsd source to SYS V, and overall, it's
> not going too bad[ly].  The only problem I am running into is a
> TIOCNOTTY not defined compiler error.  I have grep'ped all my include
> files, and cannot find a TIOCNOTTY definition anywhere.  Could some
> kind soul(s) tell me what this should be defined as?

If you don't have the definition, you all but certainly don't have
support for it in your kernel, and a definition would do you no good at
all.  If you really really want to try it anyway, the value on our
system is 0x20007471, and the definition (which may not be compatible
with your include files' ioctl() defines, which is why I gave the
value) is

#define	TIOCNOTTY	_IO(t, 113)	/* void tty association */

On SysV, the function performed by TIOCNOTTY is, sort of, performed by
setpgrp().  I think.  (That function being to break the association
between a process and its control tty.)

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu