Curses problem

Lois Achord achor805 at pirates.armstrong.edu
Sat Jun 1 06:20:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991May31.161614.361 at bhpcpd.kembla.oz.au> dif at bhpcpd.kembla.oz.au (David Faulkner) writes:
>I am an inexperienced C programmer, and have written a curses based
>front and back end for an existing Fortran program. When I call the
>Fortran subroutines, I set nocbreak() and echo(), but no input required
>by the Fortran routines will echo to the screen. How can I get around
>this problem.
>
>Thanks
>       -dif-
>--
>Dave Faulkner, Research Officer                     (dif at bhpcpd.kembla.oz.au)
>BHP Coated Products Division, Research and Technology Centre
>Port Kembla, New South Wales, Australia.

I have a similar problem at work.  I am trying to use a curses program
to accept a one character response and send it to a Fortran program.

My problem is this: the curses routine (endwin, I think) I found in the
manuals clears the screen after exiting the C routine.. thereby erasing
all of the stuff printed on the screen.  It doesn't even wait for the
character to be typed..

I think the other routines are initscr and getchar, but I'm not positive,
I'm not at work with the code in front of me.

Any help from you curses gurus will be greatly appreciated...

Lois Achord	achor805 at pirates.armstrong.edu