How can a child detect the death of its parent

Brett Bergquist bergquis at nms.gdc.portal.com
Fri Jun 7 00:14:23 AEST 1991

I have an application with forks a tightly coupled child process to handle
communications functions.  The child communicates to the parent through
a pipe.

I know how to detect the death of the child process using SIGCLD in the parent,
but how can I detect the death of the parent process in the child?

This application has the following environment:

	Sun IPC
	SunOS 4.1.1
	Standard SunOS C

Thanks in advance.

--
Brett M. Bergquist, Principal Engineer | "Remind me" ... "to write an
General DataComm, Inc.,                | "article on the compulsive reading