Making 'nobanner' Default in V.3.2 'lp'

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sat Jun 29 09:40:55 AEST 1991

tkevans at fallst.UUCP (Tim Evans) writes:

>I would like to be able to suppress the System V.3.2 lp
>banner page by default on all print jobs, without having
>to specify this option on the lp command line.

You can try setting BANNERS=0 in /etc/default/lpd, but this is not
always understood.

--
I guess these are the views of VTI - since it is my consulting company.

Conor P. Cahill              (703)430-9247              uunet!virtech!cpcahil
Virtual Technologies, Inc.  46030 Manekin Plaza            Sterling, VA 22170