Help with elm and rn (new unix user)

Max Heffler max at compaq.com
Sat Jun 22 12:56:50 AEST 1991

huff at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Steve Huff, University of Kansas, Lawrence) writes:

>I'm a Unix beginner, and am just starting to work with elm and rn.
>Could somebody suggest a reference guide for these and other popular
>unix commands?  The man command just isn't cutting it for me.
>If the docs are online, please point me in the right direction.

I just ordered the second edition on "Unix Communication" from the Waite
Group.  I have the first edition and it is a bible on mail, vnews, rn,
uucp, etc.  The new version adds nn and elm, as well as other things.
I highly recommend this book.

Max Heffler, Senior Software Engineer        internet: max at compaq.com
Compaq Computer Corporation     uucp: ..!uunet!max at compaq.com
P.O. Box 692000 - M050701       phone: (713) 378-8366
Houston, Texas  77269-2000      fax:   (713) 374-7305