U6000 mail problems

Mike Tehan miket at alby6055.uucp
Thu Jun 20 05:19:07 AEST 1991

In January I installed Cnews on our U6000/55 running on OS 3.00 release 11.14.
The only C error encountered was in libc/closeall.c.  It was looking for
a max open files parameter that wasn't available in our libraries so I hard
coded it to 20.  That exhausted my expertise in C.  So far, so good.

I also changed the shell programs "spacefor" and "anne.jones".  In "spacefor"
the df command output did not match what the awk script expected and in
"anne.jones" the format of the date output needed tweaking.  I believe there
were no other changes necessary to get Cnews running.

I will attempt to send you these sources (they're short) by mail.  I will also
send my "build.def" to establish a common reference point.

Cnews (and the primitive readnews that came with it) have been working well
since we started our news feeds from UUNET.  I hope this helps with your
Cnews install.

Mike Tehan         Unisys, Albany, NY           via UUCP: uunet!alby6055!miket
Any opinions expressed are my own personal views, Not necessarily shared or
supported by my employer.  Any "facts" I provide are based on the best infor-
mation available to me (all of which is suspect given my advanced age and
involvement with Unix).