What does this sh script line do?

Jon Albers albers at ka3ovk
Fri Jun 7 03:21:19 AEST 1991

In trying to get Cnews to compile on our UNISYS 5000/95, I have come upon
a problem with the shell scripts -- several of them have lines like:

. ${NEWSCONFIG-/usr/lib/news/bin/config}

It blows up on this line with the error 'Bad substitution', however, under
SCO UNIX, it work just fine.  What is it supposed to be doing?

								Jon

--
| Jon Albers, IRS, Information Systems Management, Support and Installation.  |
| Office Symbols: ISM:S:S:SI   voice: (202/FTS)535-3729  Packet: KA3OVK at N4QQ  |