xterm terminfo

James Carlson carlson at mrx.webo.dg.com
Mon Jun 24 23:17:50 AEST 1991

In article <479 at faximum.UUCP>, jeff at faximum.UUCP (Jeff Tate) writes:

|> If anyone knows the correct sequences for the "acsc" capability in the
|> xterm terminfo entry to produce box graphics, could you please E-mail
|> them to me.  I am unable to divine them myself, and am sick of stuff like:
|>
|> 	ZDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?
|> 	3                     3
|> 	3  Should be in box   3
|> 	3                     3
|> 	@DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY
|>
|> Thanx in advance

|>  |  Jeff Tate                          |  Day-phone:    ( 415 ) 622 0890
|> |
|>  |  faximum Software                   |  Home-phone:   ( 415 ) 647 3936
|> |
|>  |  3738, 22nd Street                  |
|> |
|>  |  San Francisco, CA 94114            |         uunet!faximum!jeff
|> |

That looks to me like PC line drawing characters with the upper bit stripped
off.
You're going to have to do some fancy footwork to get those to work right.  If
you were really having trouble with the acsc string, the output might look
like:

	lrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk
	x                    x
	x  Should be in box  x
	x                    x
	mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrj

(I hate it when people depend on awful non-standard things like IBM PC
character
sets, but what can you do?)

You might try:

	acsc=~`1axfqgYj?kZl at mEn_o_pDq_r_sCt4uAvBw3xsyrzc{w|b}y~

This will map the characters correctly (more or less), assuming you know how to
handle the 8th-bit characters ...

--
Disclaimer:  I cannot speak for Data General.  You should have guessed that.
Mail to:  carlson at mrx.webo.dg.com  -or-  James_Carlson at dgc.mceo.dg.com
.//.