docs for lex/yacc

Root Boy Jim rbj at uunet.UU.NET
Fri Mar 29 07:59:40 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar28.034014.23295 at swsrv1.uucp> toma at swsrv1.uucp (Tom Armistead) writes:
?I found a book that I REALLY like.  It's in introduction to all the needed
?subjects and ends in the implementation of sub-set of C.  It's about 190 pages
?which is short compared to most of the books I've seen - but it does cover all
?the bases.
?
?Title:    'Introduction to Compiler Construction with UNIX'
?By:       Alex T. Schreiner and H.George Friedman, Jr.
?From:     Prentice Hall (ISBN 0-13-474396-2)
?Cost:     ~55.00

I thought of mentioning this book, but I found it very difficult.
It jumps into the complex stuff right away.
Definitely not a tutorial on lex or yacc.

Be forewarned that this is an advanced book.
It's probably very good, as many people seem to like it.
--
		[rbj at uunet 1] stty sane
		unknown mode: sane