Data range used by UUCICO?

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Fri Mar 29 17:20:05 AEST 1991

fenner at jazz.psu.edu (Bill Fenner) writes:

>The UUCP g protocol requires an 8-bit datapath.  There exist other UUCP
>protocols which do not require an 8-bit data path (i.e. the f protocol).

Huh?  I thought that the f protocol merely assumed an error-free connection
and said nothing about reducing the number of bit per byte, i.e., it is
still 8-bit.

derek
--
Derek "Tigger" Terveer	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG -- U of MN Women's Lax
I am the way and the truth and the light, I know all the answers; don't need