Encapsulated Postscript to PIC converter tools

Jonathan I. Kamens jik at athena.mit.edu
Fri Mar 15 10:04:21 AEST 1991

In article <5528 at tellab5.tellabs.com>, wiseman at tellabs.com (Jeff Wiseman) writes:
|> I am looking for a way to convert Encapsulated postscript into PIC or Ditroff
|> format directly. Does anyone know of any tools
|> (freeware/shareware/commercialware etc.) that can be used to achieve this?

  Question: What does this have to do with Unix?

  Comp.lang.postscript might have been more appropriate.  And if you're making
the connection between ditroff and Unix, then perhaps alt.text.dwb would have
been appropriate.

  In any case, if you're talking about taking an EPS file that uses arbitrary
postscript commands in it (i.e. anything that doesn't violate the EPS
standard), then the only way to convert the file to another format is to get a
PostScript interpreter.  For example, you can get the "gs" interpreter,
available from any FSF archive site, preview the file on-screen, and then take
a window-dump of it to turn it into a bitmap.

  I believe there is code in the comp.sources.unix archives to include a
PostScript file in a ditroff document (take a look at the "psfig" package), in
case you're actually asking how to do that, not asking how to "convert" the
PostScript file into a file with ditroff commands in it.

--
Jonathan Kamens			              USnail:
MIT Project Athena				11 Ashford Terrace