Real time unix?

Larry Lawrence m14167 at mwvm.mitre.org
Thu Mar 14 09:33:34 AEST 1991

gregk at cbnewsm.att.com (Gregory Kochanski) inquired on 30 Jan about
the existence of real time unix that can read/write in 50 micro sec.

According to an article (Comm. ACM Dec. 1990, vol 33, no 12, "Acquisition
at Mission Control" by Muratore et al), there is a product called (surprise!)
"Real-Time Unix" (RTU)(TM) by Concurrent Corporation.  The authors don't
state how "real time" it is, but describe their use of it for acquiring
weather data during shuttle landings.

Let me know if this is useful. If anyone else has experience with RTU
or equivalent products I would like to know how it works.  Call
at 703 883-6661, or email.  I am at MITRE Corp., McLean VA.
*
* Larry