vi & non-ascii characters

Einar Indridason einari at rhi.hi.is
Sun Mar 3 23:16:20 AEST 1991

In article <1959 at ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl> boogaard at ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Martin vdBoogaard) writes:
>When I read a file containing a few accented characters into
>vi's buffer, the editor complains about non-ascii characters
>(reasonable) and converts them into ascii characters (less reasonable).
>I guess this has something to do with 7-bit character processing.

YALMT8B program (yet-another-let's-mask-the-8-bit program :-(

(are there no :set options that might help?)

--
Internet:    einari at rhi.hi.is        |   "Just give me my command line and drag
UUCP:    ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!einari  |   the GUIs to the waste basket!!!!"

Surgeon Generals warning:  Masking the 8th bit can seriously damage your brain!!