Attn: AWK GURUS (Generic Search)

Harold Tomlinson haroldt at paralandra.yorku.ca
Fri Mar 1 01:02:15 AEST 1991

  Sorry to post this to the net, but, I could not reach the above addr
via email.

In article <354 at marst2> vwa0201 at marst2 (Larry Baca) writes:

:>   I want to do a quick generic search of a rather large data base and I want
:>   to do the search based on certain record cols. If I have records that look
:>   like this:
:>
:>   abc   defghi j klmnop  qrst uvw x y z
:>   a bc defg hij   lmnop qrst  uvw x yz
:>   ab c defg hi j klmn op qrst u vwxyz
:>
:>   And say I want to find only the records with (a) in col1, (nop) in col19-21,
:>   (v) in col29 and (y) in col34.
:>
:>   I want to do this in a script where the record cols and params are left to
:>   to the users choice.
:>

550 <vwa0201 at marst2>... Host unknown