How to print man pages nicely?

The Grey Wolf greywolf at unisoft.UUCP
Thu Mar 7 06:25:30 AEST 1991

<1991Feb21.165558.20454 at ssd.kodak.com> by weimer at ssd.kodak.com
&
& In article <1991Feb21.155747.12018 at javelin.es.com>,
& pashdown at javelin.es.com (Pete Ashdown) writes:
& |>
& |> I'm a bit baffled at how to get 'man' pages to typeset nicely on a
& postscript
& |> printer.  I've tried dinking around with troff and nroff and had very little
& |> success.  Any advice?
&
& I just use:
&
& man <topic> | lpr
&
& Assuming your printer can handle the highlight control characters.

I think he wants a troff output to go to a laser printer.  Unfortunately,
most versions of troff are specific to a CAT phototypesetter.  I forget where
we got it, but there's something out there called "psroff" (and a host of
other assorted utilities) which will make things come out real nice on a
laser printer.  It does, however, require a device-independent troff;
that is, you need to have a troff that is not device-specific.  And it
requires some translational libraries in order to work right.

Anyone else?

& weimer at ssd.kodak.com ( Gary Weimer )

--
# On the 'Net:  Why are more and more fourth-level wizard(-wannabe)s trying
# to invoke ninth-level magic instead of taking the time to climb the other