TIOCSTI vs SunOS 4.x

Root Boy Jim rbj at uunet.UU.NET
Thu Mar 28 11:51:54 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar23.081311.10785 at thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu> mouse at thunder.mcrcim.mcgill.edu (der Mouse) writes:
? I find that using TIOCSTI to push back the literal-next character is
? broken.  On real Berkeley, doing this does what one would expect:
? the next character typed is literal-nexted.  On SunOS 3.5, it works
? the same way.  But under releases 4.0.3, 4.1, and 4.1.1, at least,
? doing this causes the pushed-back literal-next to quote itself
? somehow, rather than quoting the next character typed.

Sounds like they fixed a bug. My preference would be for STI to
push a character onto the CANONICAL QUEUE. I know what I want
my program to see, why should I have to worry what state
the user or tty are in?
--
		[rbj at uunet 1] stty sane
		unknown mode: sane