NFS between het. platforms (sun and chromatics)

Arnold Goldberg ajg at reef.cis.ufl.edu
Fri Mar 22 06:26:08 AEST 1991

Sorry if this insults anyone's intelligence, but it's got me stumped.

I'm trying to remotely mount a Chromatics disk (SYS5, has nfs and rfs) on
a sun4 (4.1.1).  I'm positive that I have everything set up right because
it works sometimes.

95% of the time, though, I get RPC errors. When I try to mount the partition
I usually get an error along the lines of

mount:ppr07:/ server not responding RPC:Authentication error why=Invalid client
credential
mount:giving up on
	/phoenix

Sometimes mount actually manages to mount it, and then I can  'cd' into it and
it will be there but the next time around i'll get

RPC=Authentication error.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Arnold Goldberg