Max filesize in Interactive 386/ix?

Warren Stevens wgstevens at dahlia.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Mar 18 01:27:42 AEST 1991

Hello,

I am trying to uncompress very large tar files, required for the gnu compiler
and TeX.  Whenever i get to about the 2 meg area, whatever program I am
using dies with the error message "File too large".  I know that the
error is not related to the program, because it happens when i use
either uncompress or cat.  I have tried it on different filesystems,
and that too makes no difference.

I am running Interactive 386/ix.

Does anyone know what i can do to eliminate the 2Mb file size
restriction, or at least make it higher?

Warren Stevens
wgstevens at dahlia.uwaterloo.edu