SPARCStation and Fujitsu Drive

Robert L. Howard rhoward at msd.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 8 00:58:02 AEST 1991

I am about to purchase a new drive for a SPARCStation 1+.  We currently
have a number of 327MB and 650MB CDC drives on our systems.  They work
with no problems at all.  Also, since upgrading to 4.1.1 they support
the synchronous SCSI at 4 mb/s (much better than before).

The question is this.  I am thinking of getting a Fujitsu drive (778 MB)
drive (rather than a CDC) for this SPARCStation.  The reasoning is this:

1. It is much cheaper (dollar wise).
2. It is larger.
3. It has a 5 year warranty.

Before I jump in though i would like to know if anyone out there has done
the same thing.  Have there been any problems?  Specifically:

1. Any problems with format, suninstall, etc?
2. Does it work in synchronous SCSI mode.

Thanks (will summarize),
Robert
--
| Robert L. Howard             |    Georgia Tech Research Institute     |
| rhoward at msd.gatech.edu       |    MATD Laboratory                     |