Need correct man page for termio on Sun OS 4.0.3

Jim Berilla jb at falstaff.mae.cwru.edu
Sun Mar 3 22:16:43 AEST 1991

In article <438 at octelb.octel.UUCP> jerry at octel.UUCP (Jerry Burch) writes:
>The man page for termio on our Suns is missing the names of the ioctls.
>It describes the paramaters and function of each but does not give the
>name (a fairly important bit of information):
[ ... ]

I tried emailing a reply, but it kept bouncing.  Perhaps this could help
others also, so I'm posting it.

I had this problem for a long time, and got around to fixing it a few
weeks ago.  In my case, I bought a sun with 4.0.3 installed, but not
the man pages.  I copied the man pages from a 4.1 system, and then man
would give me things like "For more information see.".  I looked at the
unformatted man pages, and the reference was in there, but not getting
printed out.

I you're in a hurry, then you can look at the unformatted man page.  In
your case, "more /usr/man/man4/termio.4" should work.  The information
is in there amidst all the formatting commands.

I finally fixed mine by copying the nroff man-page-formatting macro from
the 4.1 system.  It should be /usr/share/lib/tmac/tmac.an .  If you've
run catman, then you'll need to remove all the cat* directories and run
it again.

Good luck,
j.

--
      Jim Berilla / jb at falstaff.cwru.edu / 216-368-6776

--
      Jim Berilla / jb at falstaff.cwru.edu / 216-368-6776
"My opinions are my own, except on Wednesday mornings at 9 AM,