How to print man pages nicely?

Adrian J Ho adrianho at barkley.watt.berkeley.edu
Thu Mar 7 17:26:05 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar06.221505.19743 at convex.com> tchrist at convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
>The hard part is you need "ditroff".  After that, you can use any of
>several conversion utils to go from device independent troff to
>postscript.  I tried psroff, but after it kept dumping core, I switched to
>tpscript and have been happy ever since.

Overkill, perhaps, but you can get groff from prep.ai.mit.edu
(18.71.0.38).  It's an enhancement of standard troff, has rewrites of
various tmac files (including man) and it's FREE.

There's a catch, though -- you need a C++ compiler, but you can get
g++ from the same site.  G++ needs gcc, though, so you'll have to get
that too.

Overkill?  I'll let you decide, but I compiled all three and it wasn't
really tedious, either.

>--tom
>--
	   I get so tired of utilities with arbitrary, undocumented,
	   compiled-in limits.  Don't you?

>Tom Christiansen		tchrist at convex.com	convex!tchrist
Adrian Ho, EECS (pronounced "eeks!") Dept.		Phone: (415) 642-5563
UC Berkeley					adrianho at barkley.berkeley.edu
Domain: sesame-street (telly,bigbird,snuffy,oscar,kermit,bert,grover,barkley)
Favorite expression: "There's no business like monkey business."