KSH .profile problem - Why doesn't this work and how to make it work?

Dennis M. Reso pms415!reso at fmsrl7.srl.ford.com
Fri Mar 15 05:19:27 AEST 1991

In article <jeffo.668400965 at mrcnext> jeffo at uiuc.edu writes:
> My .profile has a really long export line because I have quite a few variables
> that I wish to export.

See your ksh man page for the "set" builtin command. Most Bourne and
Korn shells that I have seen support

     set -a
     VAR1=value
     VARn=value
     set +a

The "set -a" says mark all newly created variables as "export", and
the "set +a" turns the feature off.

pms415!reso at fmsrl7.srl.ford.com             sevihc!reso at sharkey.cc.umich.edu
RESO -ON D1D1                               {sharkey|hela}!sevihc!reso
Ford - Car Product Development, CAD/CAM     Sterling Heights, MI USA
Bldg3 1st Floor #1152 (313) 322-5867        (313) 939-2789