More than one swap device ?

Chris Torek torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov
Fri Mar 22 18:39:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar22.125135 at anusf.anu.edu.au> mbl900 at anusf.anu.edu.au
(Mathew BM LIM) writes:
>Yes, I know about swapon(8), but just what does "interleaved (supposedly
>equally)" mean? ... My guess is that it is implementation dependant,
>does anyone have any hard knowledge on this subject?

It is indeed implementation dependent, and yes, people do have hard
knowledge on the subject.

For more specifics, see the two `Unix internals' books, one by Bach and
one by Karels, Leffler, McKusick, and Quarterman.  Neither one will
describe whatever you have (Murphy's Law).
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Lawrence Berkeley Lab CSE/EE (+1 415 486 5427)
Berkeley, CA		Domain:	torek at ee.lbl.gov