docs for lex/yacc

Robert Lupton the Good rhl at grendel.Princeton.EDU
Fri Mar 29 01:47:06 AEST 1991

Well, I haven't read that particular O'Reilly book, but I have been
pretty unimpressed by some of the others. The lint and make books didn't
tell me anything that I didn't know (but then I have been using Unix
lo these 10 years), didn't answer standard problems (`What do I do about
unportable pointers with malloc()?'), and didn't discuss things like,
"How do I deal with libraries PORTABLY accross all sorts of makes?".

So I am not surprised that the Yacc&lex book isn't much good, but I
am surprised that it's _that_ bad.

Oh yes, the X books betray an author who doesn't know much about C%,
and they are somewhat buggy.

				Robert