Basic Intro to UNIX

Terence P. Ma tpm-sprl!tpm at uunet.uu.net
Thu Mar 28 08:16:42 AEST 1991

Folks ...

Is there a basic, simple, introductory book on UNIX (preferably dealing with
the SunOS variant) that is cheap and I can just stock up copies on and
distribute.  I am in an environment where I have several medical students
and graduate students a year rotating through my lab.  Most do not have UNIX
or much computer background, but need to be able to get around in my system
and utilize the home-grown analysis software that I have.  They are usually
running off a dumb terminal or off a modem line with VT100 emulation.  I
have Sun SPARC running SunOS 4.1.1.  I appreciate the lists that I've seen,
but they don't tell me what would be good for my group of non-computer users
(many think that the Mac and MacOS are a really sophisticated).  I have
written a very basic intro, but I don't have time (nor expertise) to write a
detailed document.

Thanks in advance!
Tere

Terence P. Ma, Ph.D.
Department of Anatomy				If it were easy, some one
University of Mississippi Medical Center	would have done it already.
2500 North State Street					-- anonymous
Jackson, MS 39216
VOICE:	601-984-1654			UUCP:	tpm-sprl!tpm at uunet.uu.net