A few questions

Brian Fennell fenn at wpi.WPI.EDU
Wed Dec 12 07:27:50 AEST 1990

There was a question about .logout for bash... any idea how to fudge
it with ksh?

Also:
I have been on a few network systems where I have a diferent shell
depending on what maghine I login to, but all the same files.  I
finnally got sick of rewriting both .login and .profile and made one a
link to the other, and added a test on $SHELL and a few aliases to
fake out csh and ksh into acting the same for varable assignment.
The question\chalange: what is the best way to do this so it will work
for all the shells I might run into. including aliases if-thens
and variable assignment (I have a feeling the answer might be:
exec c_prog_login)

third:
has there ever been such a thing as a bourn-script compiler?