csh, ksh, or sh?

Alan M. Carroll carroll at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 11 06:37:40 AEST 1990

In article <EOSHOUGH.90Dec10090912 at dante.nmsu.edu>, eoshough at nmsu.edu (Azel The Destroyer) writes:

> >In article <3333 at ns-mx.uiowa.edu> wolf at piquet.cipl.uiowa.edu (Mike Wolf) writes:
> >>We are in the process of determining what shell to use.  If I can get
> >>the opinions, advice, and facts about problems with any of the
> >>following shells:  csh, ksh, sh.
>
> In article <1990Dec10.013209.29955 at cs.ucla.edu> gast at lanai.cs.ucla.edu
> (David Gast) writes:
>
> >The ksh is far and above the best shell of these three.

This is certainly my opinion. I've extensively customized my Korn
Shell environment, and developed small and medium sized applications
in Korn Shell. It is the best as a shell, and as a programming
language.

--
Alan M. Carroll                "It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy.
Epoch Development Team          I'll get a saw."