Where is David Korn?

Wes Morgan morgan at ms.uky.edu
Sat Dec 22 05:59:09 AEST 1990

In article <8425 at pbhyf.PacBell.COM> jcwasik at PacBell.COM (Joe Wasik) writes:
>Being an only half-happy user of ksh-88e, I'd like to email some bug
>reports to the author of ksh, David Korn.  People say to send it to
>[...]att!ulysses!dgk, but I get the same results just by sending it to
>/dev/null.  Anyone know what's going on?

AT&T has an email directory service.  I thought there would be sufficient
interest in this to warrant posting, rather than emailing to Joe.....

If you send electronic mail to "Shmo at att.com", one of two things will
happen:

   - If there is only one AT&T employee online with the last name "Shmo",
     your mail will be forwarded to him.

   - If there are several employees named "Shmo", you will recieve via
     return email a listing of all of them, with their email addresses.

You can refine your search by using first names and middle initials
<if known>.  You can, therefore, send mail to:
        Shmo at att.com, or
        Joe.Shmo at att.com, or even
        Joe.B.Shmo at att.com

DISCLAIMER: This information came from postmaster at att.att.com about eight
months ago.  This service worked as advertised at that time.  I can't vouch
for its current status.

--
    | Wes Morgan, not speaking for | {any major site}!ukma!ukecc!morgan |
    | the University of Kentucky's |        morgan at engr.uky.edu         |