Passing parameters to an alias in ksh ...under AIX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Fri Dec 14 02:30:23 AEST 1990

In article <3272 at unisoft.UUCP> greywolf at unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:

| If your ksh doesn't support functions it is most distinctly broken.
|
| [ I use ksh only when csh is not available.  Having to type "fg %2" is
|   a minor annoyance.  Not having the set notation (such as {cat,man,do}_box
|   expanding to cat_box man_box do_box) is a major annoyance.

  To misquote you, "If your ksh doesn't support brack matching it's
seriously broken." Actually just compiled with the BRACE_PAT set to
zero, if I remember the nomencature correctly.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX