How to put something on Status line

Pete Dickson dickson at felix.UUCP
Thu Nov 1 09:38:41 AEST 1990

Ok....I've tried everything.

I put this line into my .login file (and just about every imaginable c
combination)

echo '[1;24r[23;1H[7mYou are in ... '{pwd}'[0m'
       ^^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^                  ^^^
          |           (rev video,ok)         |
          |                              to print working directory
     to print on status line                (doesn't work right)
       (doesn't work right)

perhaps it's something to do with the vt100 configuration, BUT, the termcap
lists a vt100-s-bot configuration which I have set. (for bottom status line)
when I have that set, then a program like sysline WORKS.

The result of the above mess is I get this message right before my regular
prompt appears "You are in ... pwd"

I also tried this, to see if I could just keep my working directory as part
of the prompt itself.

set prompt = '[7m[1m'{pwd}'\![0m-=->'

the result (in rev video)

pwd1-=->

or

set prompt = '^[[7m^[[1m'${cwd}'\!^[[0m-=->'

which results in (in rev video)

d/dickson1-=->

Excellent! Just what I wanted, the only problem is, when I CHANGE directories,
the prompt stays the same. I want it to show the directory I'm in!

Please tell me you can help Mr. Wizard!

Thanks!

Pete

Oh, BTW this is in csh