Why use find? (Was: Can U pipe filenames to rm???)

Geoffrey R Graham geoffg at sigma21.oz.au
Wed Oct 17 14:55:05 AEST 1990

doughert at lafcol.UUCP (Andy Dougherty) writes:
   >One problem with xargs is that even if it is present on a particular
   >system, it might not work.  I used one system (SysVR2) where xargs
   >occassionally dropped the last argument.  I never had the time to get
   >it all sorted out, but I never used xargs for anything critical.

If my memory is correct that would have been on an UniPlus+ System V.2
system.  If it was then the bug was specific to UniPlus+ and was
introduced by someone trying to fix another bug.  Both bugs should have
been fixed by now.
--
Geoff Graham
Sigma Data Corporation                                   geoffg at sigma21.oz.au