~/.rhosts: put my username in there too?

Warner Losh imp at marvin.Solbourne.COM
Wed Oct 31 10:31:17 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct30.194948.2439 at eua.ericsson.se> per at erix.ericsson.se (Per Hedeland) writes:
>There is however one case where the presence of a username can make a
>difference, namely if two or more users (=usernames) share a home directory

Another reason to add them is if you ever change accounts, or use the
same .rhost file for different machines/accounts (I had five accounts
at school that all shared the same .rhost file (copies)).  Adding the
name reinforces that I want "warner at hydrovax" to use this account,
rather than "whatever I am now at hydrovax".

Warner

--
Warner Losh		imp at Solbourne.COM
How does someone declare moral bankruptcy?