ksh 11/16/88e now available in AT&T Toolchest

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.att.com
Wed Oct 3 12:04:08 AEST 1990

Let me get this right, it's okay for Larry Wall to post announcements
about the availability of perl in comp.lang.perl but it's not okay
to announce the availability of ksh in comp.lang.shell?  Right, you
guys are just too much.  Wall benefits financially, albeit indirectly,
from his work on perl; likewise for Korn.  What's the difference?
None, except Korn is employed privately whereas Wall is employed by
the US federal gov't.  If anyone thinks there is a difference between
AT&T and the US federal gov't benefitting from their employees work
I'm gonna puke.

Also, I have seen far too many posts asking "What is the latest ksh
and where can I get it?"  I am tired of seeing them[!], my post will
help put an end to it.  I will continue to post announcements of ksh
availability here.

Till next time ...
Larry Cipriani, att!cbvox!lvc or lvc at cbvox.att.com
           "Save a logger, eat an owl"